What makes this bread so great is all the things it doesn't have: no addded sweeteners, no gluten, no butter, no cream, no milk, no flour, no guilt. Not that you should ever feel guilty about eating; it's how you fuel your body, and I'd prefer you over fuel you body than under fuel it. Remember that when this bread is so good that you eat the entire loaf in one sitting.
It's basically a protein shake, which makes it an awesome post-gym snack. Or mini-breakfast. Or late-night snack. Or anytime food because it's delicious.
I took this picture the night I made the bread. It was during a crazy storm, so the lighting sucked. I planned on just taking more pictures the next day when it was sunny...
the bread didn't quite make it to the next morning.
Yeah, that's a super close up shot of all that was left after all-night uncontrollable snacking.
I have no self control.
Here's the recipe, yay!
P R O T E I N B A N A N A B R E A D
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana
- chocolate chips
01. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
02. Add 4 bananas to large mixing bowl and mash. Next, add the eggs to the bowl and mix in using an electric mixer.
03. Add almond butter and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat until the coconut oil melts. Mix the almond butter and oil and then add it to the bananas and eggs. Mix it all together with the electric mixer.
04. Mix the dry ingredients (chocolate protein, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder) in a desperate (um, I mean separate) bowl. I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Extreme Milk Chocolate. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the electric mixer.
05. Pour the batter into a greased pan.
OPTIONAL: Bake for 5 minutes, then add sliced banana to the top of the bread and/or sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
06. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown, but the center isn't cooked, cover the bread with tin foil and continue baking.
07. Eat and Enjoy!
Don't forget to pin the recipe for later!