Back in Baltimore, I was a big fan of Plated. The boyfriend's favorite food is chicken, and growing up I literally ate chicken every single school night. Now the boyfriend would be perfectly happy for that to continue, which is why Plated was so great. It got us to try new proteins and new ways of preparing old ones.
Lexington only has Plated delivery on Saturday and Wednesday, which isn't terribly convenient. Instead, I'm trying menu planning. I've learned that if I don't plan my meals a week ahead, I'll eat cheese or microwaveable meals all week.
I've scoured Food 52 and pinterest for delicious recipes and I'm sharing my menu for next week. If you want to join in, you can download a shopping list below!
- Breakfast: Jumpin’ Monkey and Breakfast Quesadilla
- Lunch: Rainbow Chicken Salad with Almond Honey Mustard Dressing
- Dinner: Pesto Pasta with Sun dried Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus
- Breakfast: Crepes with Lemon Curd and Blueberry Compote
- Lunch: Chicken Chop Salad with Mango Dressing
- Dinner: Butternut Squash Carbonara with Fried Sage and Caramelized Onions
Download the shopping list here!
Happy cooking darlings!
What are your favorite weeknight recipes?